Microsoft Word comes with a robust dictionary and spell checker. It is so easy to upload new phrases to MS's default customized dictionary (record title: CUSTOM.DIC) as smartly.
When MS comes throughout a phrase that isn’t on this default dictionary, the proper-click on pop-up menu asks whether or not you'd like to "Add to Dictionary". Click that possibility and you might be accomplished. The new phrase is added to CUSTOM.DIC. Next time, MS will know the way to proper the misspelling of that individual phrase.
But on occasion, when you’re writing about a very esoteric topic, or on occasion when you’re the usage of many overseas phrases or jargon, or operating on a brief venture, you might have considered trying to stay the default customized dictionary as and create your individual venture-particular custom designed dictionary. When the venture is completed, you might have considered trying to take away it out of your laptop alike.
***** How to create your individual custom designed dictionary?
1. Launch your Note pad, or non-MS Word writing program. (MS Word sadly inserts a lot of invisible code to the textual content which would possibly impact your dictionary checklist in unpredictable tactics.)
2. Enter all of your particular phrases, one phrase in step with line. Make positive to input multi-phrase words one phrase in step with line. After you sort in every phrase, press Enter and cross to the following line.
three. Give your particular dictionary a title that ends with ".dic" (For instance, "SoccerDictionary.dic") and reserve it to C: Documents and SettingsApplication InformationMicrosoftEvidence
***** How to release and use your custom designed dictionary?
1. Open the textual content that you desire to to spell take a look at through the usage of your custom designed dictionary.
2. Select Tools> Options.
three. Select the Spelling & Grammar tab.
four. Click Custom Dictionaries button to show the Custom Dictionaries conversation field. You will see your newly created dictionary is indexed in there, proper subsequent to the CUSTOM.DIC.
five. Check the take a look at-field of your custom designed dictionary (for those who like, IN ADDITION to the CUSTOM.DIC. It would now not harm.) Do NOT take away "CUSTOM.DIC" since that might affect the entire different MS paperwork that experience already used it.
6. While you might be right here, you’ll be able to additionally adjust the content material of any indexed dictionary through settling on it and clicking the Modify button. You can simply upload new phrases on this type.
7. Click OK and go back to your major file.
Now while you do a spell take a look at (F7), Word will recommend possible choices now not most effective from its default dictionary however from the customized dictionary that you’ve created as smartly.
Alternately, while you proper click on your mouse over a phrase that has a crimson underline, Word will recommend possible choices now not most effective from its default dictionary however out of your custom designed dictionary as smartly.
You can create and use as many an identical custom designed dictionaries as you prefer. And when you’re accomplished with that particular venture, you’ll be able to simply merely flip them off at Tools> Options> Spelling & Grammar> Custom Dictionaries.
If you suppose you'll by no means once more use that particular set of terminology, you’ll be able to additionally delete a custom designed dictionary altogether from the C: Documents and SettingsApplication InformationMicrosoftEvidence folder.